Proposed Energy Institute Guidance on SIL Determination
Presentation given by ESC’s Ron Bell on Proposed Energy Institute Guidance on SIL Determination.
The Proposed Energy Institute Guidance on SIL Determination presentation covers
- Current Position
- What’s in the guidance?
Scope of Guidance
- Concerned with SIL Determination of SIFs associated with SISs coming within the scope of IEC 61511
- Illustrative applications in the energy industry, chemical process industry, nuclear processing, offshore and onshore sectors (oil and gas or refining) are within the scope of the guidance
- Those who require a basic understanding of the key concepts and terminology of SIL Determination sufficient to enable them to appreciate some of the key decisions to be taken during the SIL Determination process
- Example: plant managers, general engineering managers, who need to be competent “intelligent customers”, and Safety Regulators when dealing with consultants or vendors
- Those who need to have a comprehensive understanding of SIL Determination:
- both in terms of breadth and depth
- sufficient for them to engage in the decision process
- For senior managers who have responsibilities for functional safety and who need to be in a position to judge the effectiveness of the SIL Determination process.
Enter your name and email address to receive free download.
Please note that this will automatically subscribe you to our monthly newsletter. We promise not to inundate you with emails – we hate spam as much as you do - and you can unsubscribe any time.