ESC to present on Proof Testing at PSTEM 2016
ESCs Simon Burwood is to present on Proof Testing at the Process Safety Technical Exchange Meeting, PSTEM 2016, in Saudi Arabia.
Simon will be presenting:
Proof Testing … A key performance indicator for designers and end users of Safety Instrumented Systems
The key message of the presentation will be focused on the need for designers and end-users to understand the concept of Proof Testing of a Safety Instrumented System, and to fully appreciate the technical and resource implications of inappropriate Proof Testing.
Proof Testing is not just a useful thing to do it is of fundamental importance in achieving and maintaining compliance to IEC 61511 and maintaining Target Risk Levels.
The presentation will cover the key issues of Proof Testing that end users and designers need to know including:
- Difference between a Functional Test and a Proof Test
- Importance of determining the Proof Test Coverage
- Resource implications of undertaking a Proof Test
- Frequency with which subsystems should be overhauled to maintain the Target Risk when the Proof Test Coverage is not equal to 100%
- The benefits (safety and resource) if Proof Test Procedures are developed in a systematic manner