ESC to present at the IET SIL 2016 Seminar and Workshop
ESCs to present at the Institute of Engineering and Technology, IET SIL 2016 Seminar and Workshop on 8th and 9th December 2016 and will take place at IET London, Savoy Place. This is their 11th interactive event on practical solutions at achieving Safety Integrity Levels (SIL).
With system complexity advancing at a fast pace, this year’s event will provide an extensive overview of Safety Integrity Levels achievement and management across a range of industry sectors.
Topical case studies will offer delegates practical experience analysis and insight into best practices for improving the performance of safety-related systems.
The Workshop will explore Target Risk and Tolerable Risk concepts as part of the achievement of functional safety. During the Workshop several interactive examples will be provided.
The workshop will include the following:
- The legal requirements within the UK applicable to functional safety;
The concept of “so far as is reasonably practicable” and “as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP)
- HSE’s policy relating to functional safety and HSEs “Delivery Guides” covering functional safety
- The concept of “good practice” which is fundamental to underpinning the ALARP demonstration
- The role of international standards and guidelines in achieving “good practice”
- Demonstrating ALARP including applying Cost Benefit analysis
- The role of SIL Determination in achieving the Tolerable Risk
Programme for IET SIL 2016 Seminar and Workshop
For more details contact or to register please visit the IET event page