ESC is a world-class engineering consultancy, whose primary function is supporting clients in the functional safety aspects of the systems, process and equipment for the Defence, Energy and Manufacturing industries.
ESC actively participates in professional institutions and have members in the international expert working groups for IEC 61508 general functional safety standard for electrical/electronic based safety systems, IEC 61511 process industry standard specific of IEC 61508 and iGasE programmable safety systems.
If you are dynamic, driven, focused and have the appropriate level of qualifications, then when you become part of ESC team your opportunities are endless due to the engineering consultancy services offered to the global market sectors that the company supplies.
Join us and you will become part of a dynamic team of professionals who have the experience and knowledge which is required in today’s challenging world.
We are currently hiring for the below positions at ESC. For further information please contact: email@example.com
Functional Safety Consultant
The successful candidate will be supporting or leading (depending on experience) the on-going Functional Safety Assessments (FSA) and audits we carry out for the full safety lifecycle, as well as implementing Functional Safety Management systems and plans. Their hands-on experience will be utilised in reviewing and developing proof testing procedures for Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs) as part of the Operation and Maintenance phase of the safety lifecycle.
In addition to these core activities they will carry out HAZOP and SIL Determination studies and the documenting and performing of random hardware reliability calculations; SIL Verification.
They will be expected as a consultant to have the communication skills required to aid in business development activities and also be capable of producing safety critical reports.
Humberside, Warrington or London
- Supporting / Leading IEC 61508 / 61511 FSA studies
- Developing procedures and systems for compliance with IEC 61508 / 61511
- Reviewing and developing proof testing procedures for SIFs and safety-critical trip functions
- Supporting / Leading HAZOP/LOPA and SIL determination studies
- Performing and documenting reliability calculations
- Producing safety-critical reports to Engineering Manager
- Providing quotations for consultancy services and engaging in business development activities.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an engineering position, with site experience
- Experience in managing and supporting the IEC 61508 / 61511 Functional Safety Lifecycle
- Engineering honours degree (Electrical/Chemical/Mechanical)
- Experience in developing key documents for Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Familiar with HAZOP and LOPA techniques.
Depending on experience
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.